Thursday, February 5, 2015

Look for their good point

I know this happened with me people when trying to think of things for me to do as a proffesion saw things like my stuter, and poor social skills as the defining thing of what I could do.  They didn't look at my strengths and see that there could be something I could do with those.

I saw this again recently with someone I've been working with his father wanted me to get him a job he could get with the services he was getting working in a thrift shop.  I talked to him and immediately saw more pottential than that in him.  We worked on looking for something that he would like, and we found that he enjoys cooking.  We now having getting more and more practice cooking, and I am encouraging this guy to network more.

No comments:

Post a Comment