Sunday, November 16, 2014

How I help people find jobs or a career they like

Jobs for people with Aspergers is a big thing.  About 80% of people with Aspergers are unemployed.  Thank G-d while I was working for HASC in NY my supervisor told me that I could do the mandatory training through online courses.  Once I completed them, I took a better look at the courses offered, and one of the ones I took taught me great ways of how to help people with disabilities get an advantage in getting a job.

The method I use is called Customized Employment

If you are curious about what the proccess I ue is like here is a little of what I do.

1.MEET THE INDIVIUAL

2.FIND OUT WHAT THE INDIVIUAL'S INTRESTS/SKILLS/TALENTS ARE SO THEY CAN GET A JOB THAT THEY WILL LIKE

3.HELP TEACH INDIVIUAL/FAMIY HOW TO FIND JOBS IN THEIR AREA BASED ON THEIR INTREST/SKILLS (JOBS THAT THEY DON'T HAVE TO COMPETE AGAINST PEOPLE WHO HAVE BETTER SOCIAL SKILLS)

I do this one hour sessions to help coach people on how to go about this process charging $30 an hour.

The First Meeting is a trial (no requirement to pay) for you to see if you like it!

What you will get from the first meeting is that we will meet. and I will get to know the indiviual.  We (you and me) work as a team to figure out what types of areas the person would like, or do well in).

If you like what we come up with, and want to continue using me then I will e-mail you some home work (because you are capable of doing a lot of things without me).  And after a few days I'll meet with you again to go over how to actually go about winning the job.

REMEMBER I WORK THROUGH SKYPE SO I CAN WORK WITH ANYONE IN THE WORLD (WHO SPEAKS ENGLISH/SPANISH)


No comments:

Post a Comment